Ellie Haviland | City Council Member
Our Public Works Department will start on the next round of CDM improvements early next year. The work will be between Del Mar Heights Road and Carmel Valley Road and will include:
• bike safety improvements.
• a multi-use path on the west side of CDM.
• changes at the Del Mar Heights intersection to improve pedestrian safety and traffic flow.
Infrastructure improvements have been prioritized by the City since 2013. Look at what has been accomplished in that short time:
• Replaced approximately 23,520 linear feet (LF) of sewer pipeline.
• Replaced approximately 13,200 LF of water pipeline.
• Repaved approximately 1,327,000 square feet (SF) of asphalt streets.
• Replaced or installed new approximately 13,200 SF of concrete sidewalk.
Cheers to the team at Public Works who diligently work to make our community a safer and more enjoyable place to walk, ride, and drive! Let’s remember to wave when we drive by them, or to make a friendly phone call or email saying how much we appreciate what they do.